Tuesday 2 October 2012

My internet search history (pt.1)


I am in the process of writing a history dissertation and it struck me that historians studying the modern day will seriously fucking struggle. they will have access to such an overwhelming variety of sources that it will become, essentially, 'nosensical'. 

Below is an (edited, eh, say no more - winky smiley - and clip of Kenneth Williams gasping) version of my internet search history in reverse chronological order, from only today and a bit of last night. I think it's as accurate an understanding a historian of the future will ever get of me. 

I also think that when we meet new people, instead of trying to paint a complicated and false image of ourselves through hours of painstaking chit chat and feigned interest, we should just demand a copy of their internet search history, preferably from the early hours when they are at their most honest and reckless. 'I think we could really get on, I love watching clips of Russian construction failures and reading up on 19th century trade legislation.'

web browsing might be an extension of our generations errant wafer thin attention span - i reckon this first installment illustrates it fairly well but i'm going to put more up later.

(put some of your own in comments box)


12.57PM
nfl game - YouTube



1.11PM
the corn laws - Google Search


1.20PM 
mod - Google Search


1.21PM
massive gun - Google Search


12.35PM
Oxford DNB article: Gladstone, William Ewart


12.32PM
offal - Google Search


11.54AM
devon record office phone - Google Search


12.36AM
Madden NFL 13 E3 Trailer - Ray Lewis - HD - YouTube


12.25AM
William Gladstone and Benjamin Disraeli - YouTube


12.13AM 
caroline farghuar - Google Search 

No comments:

Post a Comment